1.26.2009

If only there was more time in the day! and night...

For the last few Sunday nights I have not slept at wink. Literally, I think I toss and turn until 3:30a sometimes 4a and have to wake up at 6:30-7ish. So - Mondaysare pretty draggy. It might be b/c I took a nap on Sunday afternoons ( not too terribly long) or if I'm anxious in anticipation of the work day/week or if I am just unsettled b/c I didn't get everything done that I wanted to that weekend. Who knows. Today was bad b/c I had a headache too on top of all the grogginess. So I took 2 excedrin which made my tummy hurt. Please! This day is almost to an end and hopefully will have a good nights rest and day tomorrow. I had a nice quiet weekend. I did get some things accomplished. Of course there's always more to do but I try to take time out to do the things that are meaningful and not just routine. especially when its for other people. Uh oh - I just heard some big booms...it must be next door over at Camp Shelby. They must be practicing to blow up stuff or preparing to send some more troops to afghanistan. I'll just turn my ocean waves up a notch as I try to go to sleep. I would love to be at the beach right now with a warm quilt and the bright stars and the sound of the waves. I could go to sleep like that. It would be better to have someone with me though so I don't have to be all by myself on that dark beach. I think I may drive down and do that one day...go sit on the beach with a book and blanket for a day. Sounds awesome.

2 comments:

aftan said...

i'll go with you.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you spent part of your Sunday night on the phone with me. :o) I would totally join you on that beach.